Thursday, March 10, 2011

     The second hero villain combo that I am critiquing is by Dan Wanio. This set of characters was one of the most interesting in class because of the sort of twisted plot that surrounded them. For me, the characters personality CONTRASTED their appearance. The Creep looks like an evil monster to me, but I like the fact that he is actually the good character. Also at first glance the Ringleader looks like a possible debonair hero, however, he is a seedy, evil man.
    I think the shading of the characters is key to their development. The shadows on both characters gives them a dark look which goes along with the story of both characters. Additionally, I think that shading is a form of symbolism as well. For the ringleader I think that the shading may symbolize that he has a secret dark side that at at first may not be apparent. This CONTRASTS the color scheme of his outfit that is very bright and vibrant. This contrast between personality and appearance can put the viewer in an uneasy MOOD because one is not sure whether to trust or shun this man.

No comments:

Post a Comment