Friday, January 7, 2011





For my first example of someone who has influenced me creatively I have selected the music producer Tiesto. This track is called Elements of Life, and while I cant give this song/producer full credit for my developing my love of this style of music, I'll give it about 95%. Tiesto himself is a Dutch born DJ and producer, and is widely recognized as the best in both fields (depending on who you ask). He began mostly in the genre of Trance music, which this track is classified as, but now has moved to a synthesis of many styles. For this he has received criticism from many of his older fans (Oh no Dylans gone electric!), however, I think he is just attempting to advance Dance music as a whole despite the contrast in his past and present styles of music, there is one thing that is certain. Tiesto has a sound like non other in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment